Sunday, May 4, 2008

Are relationships mutual???

We meet many people in our life.We speak with them and create an opinion(good/bad) about him/her.We tend to be closer to people on whom we have a so called good opinion and try to stay away from the rest.Is this a good practice???I have two incidents which made me think about this.

Well it was 2004.I had my board exams and when i was done with them i had to shift to a new house which was about one or two kilometers away from my old house.I was in an apartment which housed about 400 families.I had many friends there.When i came to this new house of mine i was left all alone(in the sense with out friends).There were only four houses out of eight which were occupied.Then one fine morning i saw people carrying packages into the house next door.I saw an one year old boy in that house.Still i had no one to speak with.As days went the small boy started walking speaking and playing.He used to bring his toys to my house and play with me.I found it very funny to play with this little guy.But after some time he went downstairs to pursue his new game(tri-cycle riding).Well the boring period started again.Then came the interesting period the sem exams.I was always a guy who did last minute studies.I had lots of things to read.I went out to get a xerox of a book i did not have.I returned.When i parked my vehicle and entered my flat entrance i saw this small boy running towards me.He caught my legs.I could not understand anything.He said some thing in his mother tongue.I did not have any idea of what he was talking about.When i asked his mom.She said he was asking me WHY I WAS NOT PLAYING WITH HIM FOR DAYS.I was dumbstruck.I did not know what to say but it made me feel better.Finally i got my first friend in my new flat :)).When i saw him for the first time i never thought he would be my friend.Rather i saw him as a cute little boy who belongs to the new generation.I was proved wrong only to get another friend.

The other incident was a bitter one.I had a good friend with whom i shared every thing.I used to spend some time with him.I used to tell what ever i felt.No matter what the topic was.But for some strange reason the relationship did not stay the way it was.I used to ask him if "WE ARE TOGETHER".He would simply smile and say yes.But people around me would say he is not our friend anymore.But i still have the same regard for him.He had helped me pass many tough moments in my life and may be he is going through his own now.So i still wait to see my old friend walking up to me and saying "Hello macha" in his old tone which is really his own.

0 comments: